Extract OneNote Package onepkg for OneNote for Mac
Export OneNote Notebook as onepkg Package in WindowsOneNote 2010, 2013, 2016, 2021 of Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 2021 in Windows system can export OneNote notebook to OneNote onepkg package.
At first, in the main interface of Office OneNote, select the OneNote notebook you want to package.
Then, click the OneNote’s “File” tab -> Export -> 1. Export current: choose “Notebook” -> 2. Select Format: choose “OneNote Package (*.onepkg)”.
Finally, click the “Export” button. OneNote will package the current notebook into a onepkg file.
Use the Gem Menu for Mac OneNote to Extract the onepkg PackageBecause OneNote for Mac doesn't support local notebooks, it can't open the onepkg package.
The Gem Menu for Mac OneNote provides a menu item to extract onepkg package.
- Click “Gem” menu in “Gem Menu for Mac OneNote”.
- Click “Export Import” submenu.
- Click “Extract .onepkg File” menu item.
Choose a .onepkg File to Extract
- In the pop-up open window, select the onepkg package you want to extract.
Choose a Folder Extract to
- Finally, specify a folder to extract to.
Extract as a OneNote Local NotebookFinally, Gem Menu extract the onepkg package to this folder after click OK button.
The extracted result is a local OneNote notebook:
- “Local Notebook” folder is a OneNote local notebook.
- OneNote section group extract as a Mac folder. Sample: NSectionGroup folder is a OneNote section group.
- OneNote extract as a .one file. Sample: New Test(old).one file is a OneNote section.
- Open Notebook.onetoc2 file.